Sinai Engineering, a member of the ABB group, is a leading provider of engineering services and complete turnkey solutions for power generation, transmission and distribution facilities in Western Canada.
Established in 1984, Sinai Engineering started with roots in protection and control engineering (design, trouble-shooting & commissioning) and system planning analysis for utilities. With the increasing demands from industrial clients,Sinai has grown into a high voltage substation and transmission line engineering solutions provider with a strong focus in Alberta’s oilsands industry. By the mid-2000s, Sinai successfully became a major engineering service provider of high voltage substation, transmission line and power system analysis for many Alberta oilsands projects.
In 2009, ABB acquired Sinai Engineering. The ABB group has over $50 billion market capital and employs more than 120,000 people in over 100 countries. By building off the synergy between ABB’s financial, technical and manufacturing strengths, Sinai has abilities to provide complete turnkey solutions for technically-demanding electrical infrastructure projects. Looking ahead, Sinai will continue its commitment to building strong client relationships by providing high quality engineering services and turnkey solutions.
Sinai's Scope of Work includes:
- New Substations and Facilities
- Existing Substations and Facilities Upgrade
- Turnkey Solutions covering engineering, equipment, construction and after-sale services
- Power System Planning and Analysis
Sinai Engineering provides:
- Electrical Engineering Services (Protection & Control Design, Transmission Line Design, Substation Design, Communication & Automation, Grounding Design, Power System Analysis)
- Project Management, Scheduling and Control
- Project Procurement and Contract Management
- Material, Logistics and Transportation Management
- Construction Management
- Regulatory and Permit Application Support